We may collect personal information from you, such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number, credit card number, gender, birthday, etc., when you visit one of our websites, place a donation by phone, save your information with us online, or contact us with a question or concern. We maintain a record of your information and donations you make online or by phone. We may combine all of this information with information about you that we acquire.
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
• To process and complete your donation or payment for programs, including to send you emails to confirm your payment status.
• To communicate with you and to send you information by email, postal mail, telephone, text message, or other means about our organization, services, or drives, unless you have directed us not to contact you with promotional communications
• To help us address problems with and improve our site design, products and services
• To enhance your donation experience
• To analyze trends and statistics
• To protect the security or integrity of our websites and our business
• To contact you if necessary
We may share your personal information in the following ways:
• When you support a missionary we may provide the missionary with information such as your name, address and the amount you gave toward them, unless otherwise asked to remain anonymous.
• If you donate to ACTS through our website or by placing a catalog order by phone or mail, we may share your name, and postal address with organizations whose privacy policies meet the Direct Marketing Association's privacy standards, for their direct mail marketing purposes. We do not share email addresses for such purposes. We also do not share personal information about customers who only browse, email comments, request information, or request email updates. If you would prefer that we not share information about you with other companies, please let us know by contacting ACTS customer service as described in the section entitled, "How do I contact you?", below.
• We may share your information with our service providers who manage our donor information and perform services on our behalf, such as fulfilling promotions, sending communications to our customers, conducting surveys, etc. We do not authorize any of these service providers to make any other use or disclosure of your information.
• We may share information about you if necessary, in our good faith judgment, to comply with laws or regulations or in response to a valid subpoena, order, or government request, or to protect the rights of ACTS or others.
You can review and change certain personal information related to your use of our online sites (such as your name and contact information). To access your information at the ACTS website, simply sign in to your account using your email address and password, and you will be able to edit your personal information in your account profile.
You can also ask us to update your personal information by contacting us.
ACTS is concerned about the privacy and safety of children when they use the Internet. We will never knowingly request personally identifiable information online from anyone under the age of 13 without prior verifiable parental consent. Our websites are general audience sites and are not targeted to or intended for use by children.
Our websites use "cookies," which are small data files that are stored on your computer when you visit a website. Cookies enable you to give on our websites and may be used in a variety of ways to enhance or personalize your online browsing and shopping experience.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the opportunity to decide whether or not to accept it. If you do not accept cookies, however, you will not be able to access your account information or make donation on our websites.
We use "pixel tags" (also called "web beacons" or "clear gifs"), which are tiny graphic images, on our websites and in our emails. Pixel tags help us analyze our customers' online behavior and measure the effectiveness of our websites and our advertising. We work with service providers that help us track, collect, and analyze this information.
Pixel tags on our sites may be used to collect information about your visit, including the pages you view, the features you use, the links you click, and other actions you take in connection with the sites. This information may include your computer's Internet protocol (IP) address, your browser type, your operating system, date and time information, and other technical information about your computer. We may also track certain information about the identity of the website you visited immediately before coming to our site. We do not otherwise track any information about your use of other websites.
Pixel tags and cookies in our emails may be used to track your interactions with those messages, such as when you receive, open, or click a link in an email message from us.
We also work with third-party companies that use tracking technologies to serve advertisements on our behalf across the Internet. These companies may collect information about your visits to our websites and your interaction with our advertising and other communications. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having your information used by these companies, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
We may combine the information we collect through cookies and pixel tags with other information we have collected from you. This information may be used to improve our websites, to personalize your online experience, to tailor our communications with you, to determine the effectiveness of our advertising, and for other internal business purposes.
We do our best to provide you with a safe and convenient giving experience. We have in place certain physical, electronic, contractual, and managerial safeguards to protect the security and privacy of your personal information.
When you enter your personal information on our websites, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to protect your information as it is transmitted to us. To make sure you are accessing our secure server before you submit personal financial information, look at the lower left-hand corner of your browser. If you see an unbroken key or a closed lock (depending upon your browser), then SSL is active. To double-check for security, look at the URL or Location line of your browser. If you have accessed a secure server, the first characters of the address in that line should change from "http" to "https."
If for any reason you cannot access the secure server, or if you're not quite comfortable giving online on our websites, please feel free to place your donation with us by telephone.
"Phishing" is a scam designed to steal your personal information. If you receive an email that looks like it is from us asking you for your personal information, do not respond. We will never request your password, user name, credit card information or other personal information through email.
Phone: (719) 785-8481